Explore Santa Clara attractions and exciting things to do in Santa Clara, California and throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Santa Clara is home to leading businesses headquarters, exciting recreation at championship golf courses, world-class shopping, award-winning wineries, and acclaimed universities. Check out this Santa Clara event calendar to keep up to date on the city's upcoming and current events!
Nearby downtown San Jose offers the sophisticated pleasures of world-class museums, top-notch gourmet restaurants and entertainment at SAP Center.
There are also great things to do with kids in downtown San Jose like the Children's Discovery Museum. More great family fun can be found at California's Great America, Winchester Mystery House, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, and Gilroy Gardens. Come, experience Santa Clara's unique charm, culture and character. The Biltmore Hotel and Suites offers the ideal place to see it all.
A modern rock and roll style musical track accompanies the entire video.
The video utilizes fast transitions between a varied collection of attractions and amusing destinations in the Santa
Clara area with many changes in film speed and angle of the camera. At certain points in the video the music track
volume is lowered, and Santa Clara residents or tourists speak directly into the camera.
Below is a list of what is being displayed on screen and is annotated to highlight when a person is talking along with
what they are saying. Unordered sections represent a single shot with multiple things taking place, or multiple important
pieces of information.
Visualizations And Spoken Portions:
- Rosebush with Out-Of-Focus Statue in The Central Park Pavilion in Background
- A Large Yellow Image of The Number 50 Appears on Top of Screen and Drops Quickly to The Bottom
- Focus Shifts from Rosebush to Statue
- ‘Awesome Things to Do in Santa Clara!’ Transitions in From Left to Right Under the Number 50
- On Screen Text: 50 Awesome Things to Do in Santa Clara!
- Camera Sweeps Left to Right Showing Glass Pyramid Shaped Roof
- Tour Bus in Front of Shopping Center
- Camera Faces Front of Bus, People Enter Bus
- Increased Speed Film Footage Viewed from Front of Bus as It Drives Through Santa Clara
Undisclosed Go-Kart Venue
- Go-Kart Track with Two Racers Crossing Finish Line
- Increased Speed Film Footage Viewed Over Go-Kart Racer’s Helmet of a Race
- Three Women of Various Ages Stand on Podium Inside Go-Kart Facility
- All Three Speak in Unison: Santa Clara Tourism Rocks
- Arial View, Angled Down of Intel Corporate Building Entrance Highlighting Intel Logo Sign
- A Group of Tourists, Viewed from Rear at Shoulder Height, Walk Toward Intel Logo Sign
- Arial View, Angled Down of Diverse Group Around Intel Logo Sign Waving Toward Camera as It Pans Up
- Interior of Intel Museum. Tourists Walk Past Welcome Desk While Employees Look On
- Camera Pans Left to Right Showing Tourists Viewing an Unseen Exhibit in The Intel Museum
- An Employee Points to Outdated Technological Components Inside Glass Case as Tourists Stand Around Listening/Viewing Objects. Music Is Playing, No Voice Is Heard
- A Tourist Is Interacting with An Exhibit by Waving Her Hand Over A Device and A Digital Readout Displays Information
- Another Exhibit Is Shown with Various Objects
- Text on Exhibit Wall in Background Indicates That These Objects Consist of or Deal with Silicon
- Video Transitions Too Quickly for Viewer to Read All Text in Exhibit
- Close View of Object Without Context
- Tourist Takes Photo with Cell Phone of Two Other Tourists Utilizing Sterile Suite Statues with Face Cut-outs Designed Specifically to Be Used as A Photo Opportunity
- User Interacts with Touch Screen Exhibit
California's Great America
- A Flower Bed with White Rocks in Center. The Words ‘California’s Great America’ Are Physically Displayed on The Rocks. Carousel and Fountain Can Be Seen in Background
- A Portion of a Wooden Roller Coaster. The Coaster Is in Use, And Riders Move Quickly Through the Portion of The Coaster Being Shown
- Wooden Roller Coaster Car, Camera on Front Facing Rear, During Operation. Riders in Various Degrees of Elation, Fear, And Exhilaration
- Wooden Roller Coaster Car, Camera on Front Facing Forward, Increased Speed Film Footage of Roller Coaster During Operation
- Park Employees Performing Dance Routine in Front of Carousel. Two Employees Are Costumed, One Is Charlie Brown The Other Is Snoopy
- Nighttime. A Woman Claps One Time, Smiling. She Is Viewing an Unseen Performance
- Nighttime Stage Performance as Viewed from Many Rows Back. Audience Can Been Seen and Pyrotechnics Are Displayed on Stage
- Camera Has Zoomed In, Some Audience Can Still Be Seen. Performers Bow.
- Various People Walk Through One of The Park Avenues
- Different Park Avenue, Various People Are Walking and Smiling
- Centered, A Statue of Three Children
- Off-center on Right, A Woman Looks Directly into Camera
- Woman Speaking: Santa Clara is a great place to bring the family. From the free Triton Museum to the Intel Museum to the Mission Gardens, they’re all kid-friendly.
Our Lady of Peace Church/Shrine
- Outside, People Climb Staircase
- Sign Reads: (two Illegible words) OUR LADY OF PEACE (two Illegible words) THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY
Our Lady of Peace Church/Shrine, 32 Foot Statue Of the Virgin Mary
- Centered, Staue as Viewed from Left Side. A Group of Tourists Walking Away from Camera on Front Side of Statue
- Statue as Viewed from Front. Camera Pans Right to Left
- Arial View of Statue Angled Slightly Down
Our Lady of Peace Church/Shrine, St. John Paul II Statue
- Staue Viewed Head On
- Sign on Statue Pedestal Reads: Totus Tuus Maria ST. JOHN PAUL II (Illegible Paragraph)
- Camera on Green of Unnamed Golf Course. Player Can Be Seen Chipping A Ball Toward the Hole.
- Camera Pans Down Revealing Top Of ‘Universal Child’ Statue
- Camera Pans Right to Left Revealing Bottom Of ‘Universal Child’ Statue
- Pole With Banners on Either Side
- Left Sign Reads: The Number 2, An Image of a Mission, And the Word Mission on The Bottom
- Right Sign Reads: ‘Stroll into the Past’ & ‘Santa Clara’ In Smaller Font on Bottom
Civic Center Park
- Wide Sign In Various Font Sizes and Colors with Image on Right Side. Sign Reads As Follows:
- City of Santa Clara’s
- CONCERTS in the Park
- ALL SUMMER
- For Info: www.santaclaraca.gov
- Central Park Pavilion – 909 Kiely Blvd.
- Image: Blue Treble Clef, Blue Distorted Musical Bars with Various Notes, Rainbow Background
- Park Entrance
- Camera Pans Down
- Statue from Establishing Shot In background
- Stone Sign in Foreground
- Sign Reads: CIVIC CENTER PARK City of Santa Clara
Santa Clara Town Centre
- Shopping Center with Mission Style Architecture
- Building on Left, Sign Reads: (In Various Fonts/Colors) the Habit BURGER GRILL
- Central Sign Reads: SANTA CLARA TOWN CENTRE
- Building on Right Sign Is Mostly Obscured, Likely Panera Bread Logo
- Santa Clara Town Centre Blue Tiled Fountain. String Lights Over Fountain Can Be Seen.
- Camera View from Inside Bus Looking Out of Passenger Window.
- Bus Is About to Pass Under Sign
- Sign Reads: Mercado Santa Clara
- Fast Moving Shot Apparently in Moving Vehicle from Street of AMC Imax Theater
Santa Clara Station
- Arial View Looking Down at Train Station
- Train Passes Slowly in Background
- Wooden Building with Sign That Contains Mostly Distinguishable Text
- Distinguishable Portion Of Sign Reads: SANTA CLARA
- Camera Pans Right to Left. Showing Out-Of-Focus Rear of Train Car and People Standing at Train Station
Santa Clara University
- Arial Shot, Angled Down, Moving Over Scene. Sign in Foreground
- Sign Reads: SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY
- Bubbling Fountain on Campus
- A Tour Guide Pointing to Buildings in The Distance Speaking to A Group of Tourists. (No Audible Dialogue)
- A Large Group of People Walk Away from Camera on Campus Walkway/Grass
Santa Clara University, Mission Santa Clara de Asis
- Camera Pans Left to Right
- A Large Tree Trunk Takes Up A Large Portion of The Seen on The Left in Foreground
- A Group of People Sit in A Circle in Midground
- Mission Santa Clara de Asis Can Be Seen in Background
- Camera Is Close to Entrance. People Enter Mission Santa Clara de Asis
- Interior of Mission
- Out of Focus Pews in Foreground. Two People Seated
- Large Paintings (Seemingly Frescos) With Golden Borders Flank Large Golden Alter in Background
Santa Clara University, Mission Gardens
- Camera Facing Out Of Entrance to Foliage Covered Walkway. Various People Walking Towards Camera
- Camera Angled Sharply Up, Moving Forward. Large Wooden Beams and Tightly Packed Green Foliage Cover View of Sky
- Statue on Marble Pedestal. Thin Red Text on Pedestal. Unclear What Text Says
- Arial View, Camera Rising of Mission Gardens
Santa Clara University, De Saisset Museum
- Arial View, Angled Down of Museum Entrance
Santa Clara University, Bronze Bronco Statue
- Arial View, Angled Down. Statue Is Highlighted with Various Onlookers
Santa Clara Woman's Club Adobe
- Entrance Viewed Head-On. White Wall Has Small Blue Sign and Open Gate. Camera Pans Up Revealing Wooden Sign.
- Blue Sign Reads: PRIVATE PROPERTY NO TRESPASSING (Illegible word on bottom)
- Wooden Sign Reads: THE ADOBE 3260
The Hut (No Longer Operating)
- Close View of Sign with Image and Text
- Image: A Stylized Bronco Kicking Over a Martini Glass
- Text Reads: the Hut
- Hours Of Operation Are Paritally and Very Briefly Shown
- Close view of Bus Door with People Entering
- Camera Views Out from Front Windshield of Bus, Crosses Street at Green Line. Street Sign Illegible
- Camera Faces Bus Driver’s Right Side. Driver Nodes Head and Continues Driving
- Camera Inside Bus, Looking Out, Zooms in On Entrance to Triton Museum of Art
- Camera Facing Street. Woman, Facing Camera Right, Takes Photograph of Triton Museum Entrance
- Camera Faces Unnamed Art Installation Head On. Installation Features 9 Tiles with Various Colors
- Camera Sweeps Across Gallery Floor Showing Many Unnamed Art Installations
- Camera Faces Woman in Front of Art Installation
- She Speaks: I’ve lived here a really long time and I had no idea there’s so much to do in Santa Clara, and I had a great time.
- Camera Pans Left-Right. Large Pond with Fountain, Three Flowering Trees & Sign with Illegible Text.
- Camera Faces Up at Three Waving Flags.
George F Haines International Swim Center
- Camera Quickly Pans Up. Entrance to Swim Center with Stone Sign Is Visible
- Sign Reads: GEORGE F. HAINES INTERNATIONAL SWIM CENTER
- Arial, Wide Angle View from End of Lap Pool
- Covered Audience Seating on Left
- Lap Pool with Simmers and Empty Diving Pool in Center
- The Swim Center on Right
- Arial, Wide Angle View, Facing Down from Length of Pool
- Roof of Swim Center in Foreground
- Lap Pool with Swimmers in Midground
- Covered Audience Seating, Empty, In Background
- Camera Is at One End of Lap Pool. Various People Are Swimming Laps
- A Diver Does A Backflip Off of Diving Board and Executes Dive While Someone Else Watches
- Close of George F. Haines Bust on Pedestal with Sign
- Sign Reads: GEORGE F. HAINES COACH OF THE CENTURY (Large Paragraph Under Title Is Illegible)
- Wall with Images of Various Swimmers in Black & White with Large Sign
- Sign Reads: GEORGE F. HAINES INTERNATIONAL SWIM CENTER HALL OF FAME
AMF Moonlite Lanes
- One Wall of Building Is Visible with Sign on Top
- Sign Reads: AMF MOONLIGHT LANES
- Bottom of Wall Is Painted Brick
- Painted Text: BOWLING
- Camera Parallel to Bowling Lanes. Man Runs Towards Bowling Lane and Hurls Bowling Ball
- Camera Faces Pins, A Bowling Ball Knocks All Pins Down
Harris-Lass Historic Museum
- White Picket Fence with Sign Obscures Rusty Tractor in Background
- Sign Reads: Harris-Lass HISTORIC MUSEUM
- Camera Pans Left to Right.
- Rusted Tractor Visible, More Prominent Than Before
- Building Seen in Background
Santa Clara Farmers Market
- Four Signs Flank A Pole
- Signs on Left Are The Same And Read: SATURDAYS 9 A.M. – 1 P.M.
- Top Sign on Right Reads: MARKET
- Bottom Sign on Right Reads: FARMERS
- Franklin Square Santa Clara, Arched Signage with Clock in Center
- Arial View of Stadium Exterior
- Camera Is Rising Up Escalator Showing Tourist Photographing Kezar Sports Bar
- Camera Is Facing Escalator, Various People Are Exiting
- A Football Player Throws A Football in The Direction of The Camera, A Different Player Run in From Camera Left to Catch the Ball
- Two Players Jump Up and Bump Each Other In Celebration
- A Man Points to Different Sections of a Football Player Statue and Speaks (Inaudibly) To Various People
- A Statue of a Football Player Next to A Football Coach in Front of a Large, Silver San Francisco 49ers Logo
- Various Statues of Football Players in Performing Different Actions
- A Collection of Historical San Francisco 49ers Memorabilia
- A Closeup Of Some of The Same San Francisco 49ers Memorabilia on Display Previously. Specifically, A Helmet and A Jacket
- A Group Of 7 Diverse Individuals Stand in A Novelty Sized San Francisco 49ers Helmet
- A Close View of The Individuals in The Helmet, Smiling
- Screen Fades as A Large Number 50 Appears on Screen and Shrinks Down to Reasonable Size in the Top Half of The Screen
- Someone Speaks Through Below Animations: Discover the 50 awesome things to do in Santa Clara. The center of what’s possible.
- ‘Awesome Things to Do in Santa Clara!’ Transitions in From Left to Right Under the Number 50
- Santa Clara Convention & Visitors Bureau Logo Appears in Bottom Left
- Xplorit Logo Appears in Bottom Right
- Title Reads: 50 Awesome Things to Do in Santa Clara!
- Text and Logos Expand
Levi's Stadium is the Home of the San Francisco 49ers and the premier sports and entertainment venue in the world. Levi's Stadium is known for being the most high-tech stadium in the world and was officially recognized as Sports Facility of the Year by Sports Business Journal. The $1.2 billion venue has 1.85 million square feet, seats approximately 68,500 and features 165 luxury suites.
Featuring 11 unique gallery and exhibit spaces, the 49ers Museum presented by Sony is a 20,000 square foot facility dedicated to the 49ers past, present and future. The Museum is a first-class celebration of the 49ers past, present and future. Begin your 49ers journey in the Trending Gallery and end reliving the memories of the 49ers five Super Bowl Championships in front of the Lombardi Trophies
California's Great America is one of the best things to do with kids in the San Jose area. Northern California's ultimate family theme park and entertainment destination, California's Great America offers exciting rides, live stage show, concerts and Nickelodeon TV characters.
In town for business or on a family vacation? Take in a Major League Soccer game and watch the San Jose EarthQuakes. Take a tour virtual tour of their new home in Avaya Stadium. "Click Here" for stadium tour.
The Winchester Mystery House ranks among the top things to do in San Jose, California. A bizarre architectural marvel, the Victorian mansion is filled with unexplained oddities such as a staircase to the ceiling and a door that opens onto a wall.
Mission Santa Clara dates back to the 18th century and is located on the present-day grounds of Santa Clara University. Mission Santa Clara is the eighth of 21 missions built around California by Father Junipero Serra and his Spanish Franciscan padres. Built in 1777, this mission is a California historical landmark.
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is California's oldest seaside amusement park. Blending old-time nostalgia with modern thrills, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is located on a mile-long stretch of beach between Monterey and San Francisco. Stroll the Boardwalk, and enjoy 34 classic rides, attractions, an old-style arcade, plus summer concerts and events.
The Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf stretches for a half mile into Monterey Bay and is lined with fish markets, seafood restaurants and gift shops. Hop aboard a boat for a sightseeing excursion around the Bay, or watch the comical sea lions. Adjacent to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, the wharf is home to a number of events throughout the year, including Jazz on the Wharf and Woodies on the Wharf. For more details on the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf.
The Elizabeth F. Gamble House and Gardens is a splendid Colonial Georgian estate located in Palo Alto, California. Built in 1902, the 2.3-acre estate features beautiful formal and working gardens. The Elizabeth F. Gamble House and Gardens also features a carriage house, teahouse and several demonstration gardens.
Civic Center Park is a three-acre park that's beautifully landscaped with colorful flower beds, a large reflecting pool and fountains. Located on El Camino Real in front of the Police Administration Building, this park is the site of the Statue of Saint Clare, the city's namesake. The historic bronze statue was cast by an ancient "lost wax process" in Italy and shipped to Santa Clara in 1965.
Shoreline Amphitheater is the Bay Area's largest, outdoor concert facility. Featuring state-of-the-art technical, visual, and sound systems, Shoreline Amphitheater has hosted some of the world's most talented entertainers on its award-winning concert space.
NASA Ames Research Center is located on the border of Mountain View and Sunnyvale at the southern end of San Francisco Bay. Ames occupies 430 acres of land and hosts federal, civilian, and military agencies on the adjoining 1,500-acre former Naval Air Station, Moffett Federal Airfield. NASA Ames Research Center offers outreach activities to stimulate student interest in science, mathematics, and technology.
Moffett Field was originally the Naval Air Station's base for the Navy dirigible U.S.S. Macon. Today, Moffett Field is home to the NASA Ames Research Center. Moffett Field's two runways, three aircraft hangars, and 3.5 million square feet of facilities is a shared federal facility known as Moffett Federal Airfield. You can also see annual air shows by the country's best aviators at Moffett Field.
- De Saisset Museum
- Mission Santa Clara De Asis
- Santa Clara Historic Museum
- Intel Museum
- South Bay Historical Railroad Society
- Triton Museum of Art
- Blue and Gold Fleet
- Computer History Museum
- Coyote Ranch
- Lick Observatory
- Pier 39
- Roaring Railroads Camp